How-To Effectively Collaborate with your Team
Teamwork is an essential part of work today. Yet, effective teamwork is hard. It takes more than meetings and task lists to produce high quality results.
Below we outline some of the key challenges to effective teamwork.
Issues with Team Collaboration
Group projects can often be tedious and unbalanced with one or two of the best people taking the brunt of the workload. Problems that arise during collaborative team efforts can drag a project out for longer than necessary, costing companies time and money.
According to a Clarizen/Harris Poll, the average American spends 4.5 hours in general status meetings and 4.6 hours preparing for those meetings.
Some common issues with Team Projects include:
- Lack of leadership/mediation
- Poor Engagement
- Improper Tools
- Lack of Search Capability
- Difficulty with Initiation
- Lack of Organization
- Imbalance of Workload
Solutions to Team Collaboration
Even though there are many ways that group projects can go wrong, there are always solutions to combat poorly executed teamwork.
Some solutions include:
- Delegating roles
- Everyone should know what their position in the group is and what responsibilities they each have.
- Roles should be established early on with guidelines and tasks that are laid out clearly for everyone to understand their part in the group project.
- Setting achievable goals
- Scheduling and organiation are key to setting and group project goals.
- Everyone needs to be on the same page as far as the timeline goes. (After all, you can’t really achieve a goal if everyone isn’t on the same schedule)
- Establishing a clear line of communication
- When working on a group project, miscommunications can be avoided by over-communicating.
- A clear line of communication needs to be established that encourages the team members to ask questions and inform others of their progress.
- Finding the right tools that everyone can have access to.
- Imbalance comes into play again when some members of the team are not granted access to useful tools.
- To expedite the group project, all team members need to have a working understanding of (and access to) the tools necessary for completing the project on time.
Better yet – what’s better than finding multiple tools for group projects? Finding a user-friendly all-in-one tool!
Find a user-friendly all-in-one tool that helps keep the project organized and condensed. There’s no need to spread multiple tasks across a variety of different tools when you can keep everything pertaining to the group project on one handy tool.
To optimize your next collaborative team project, Plexie is the all-in-one tool that can keep your group on track. Watch your team functioning at their maximum potential with our help.
Plexie is a better way to create content, collaborate and share content, and manage projects.
Free for teams of up to three, larger/PRO teams have access to affordable pricing that comes with a variety of features and tools. Plexie’s intuitive page-builder design and card layout makes it easy to organize, create new content, and even include existing documents and media from other sources.
Plexie makes collaboration easy both within your team and with others outside it.
Manage projects with Plexie’s new Smart Tables – bring your Plexie documents, teams, and documents together with ease.